Cape Coral Florida School System
Cape Coral School system consists of virtual schools, charter schools, private schools and public school that provide the School Choice Program. The school system allows parents to choose their three preferred schools. If their first selection is full, their children will be enrolled in their second or possibly the third option. Parents are allowed to move their kids to the first choice if space becomes available later. The main goal of this school system is to enable children to remain in one school up to the highest grade, even if they move to a different part of Cape Coral or their current location experiences a change in growth.
Public Schools in Cape Coral
Public schools in Cape Coral are part of the Lee County School System. According to Greatschools.org, Most of public schools in Cape Coral rank 7 out of 10, with five of the schools ranking 9 out of 10. Greatschools.org ranks schools according to opinions posted by parents as well as the school’s test score. You can learn more about public schools in Cape Coral Florida by visiting publicschoolreview.com. In the public school system, the city has 4 high schools, 6 middle schools and 9 elementary schools. To register of find out more details about Cape Coral Schools, visit leecountyschools.net.
There are 7 charter schools in Cape Coral. Out of the 7 seven charters school, only two are not run by the city. The 7 charter schools include:
• Christa McAulliffe Charter Elementary school. This is a coeducational public charter school for students in grades Pre-K through 5. The school follows the Core Knowledge curriculum to stimulate the student’s creativity and interest in life-long learning. Its student-teacher ratio is 18:1.
• Oasis Charter Middle school is a co-educational public charter school for students in grades 6 through 8. The school follows an Advanced International Education Certification of Education curriculum. Its student to teacher ratio is 16:1.
• Cape Coral Charter School: It is a coeducation public charter school for students in grades Pre-K through 8. It emphasizes reading, writing, technology, the arts, physical education, mathematics and foreign language. Its student to teacher ratio is 18:1.
• Oasis Charter High School: It is a coeducation public charter school for students in grades 9 through 12. It follows Core Knowledge curriculum. Its student to teacher ratio is 18:1.
• Oasis Charter Elementary School: It is a coeducational public charter school for students in grades Pre-K through 5. It uses the Core Knowledge curriculum. Its student to teacher ratio is 18:1.
• Cape Coral Preparatory and Fitness Academy: It is a public charter school for students in grade Pre-K through 8.
• North Nicholas High School: It is a coeducational public alternative charter school for students in grade 9 through 12.
Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Cape Coral has many private schools to choose from. Visit floridaschoolchoice.org to learn more about these private schools. For the colleges and universities, Cape Coral is in the process of developing them. However, there are several universities and colleges in the neighboring Fort Myers you can choose from, such as the SWFL College, Keiser University, Hodges University, Florida Gulf Coast University and Rasmussen College.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.